WELCOME TO THE PINES WEBSITE
Built in 1909, this historic six roomed sandstone villa and its contents were bequeathed to the people of Loxton in 2002 for display and entertainment purposes. The wide driveway lined with mature pine trees makes a welcoming entrance, opening up to spacious gardens of roses, hibiscus and other assorted plants, as well as a lawned area. There is a covered breezeway between the house and kitchen which is used for a variety of community events and functions.
The contents of the house have remained untouched and represent a snapshot of the grand lifestyle lived by Ella Amalia Kingdon and her parents. See the 'Tours' page for information about guided tours.
“The Pines” is maintained and supported by a large number of volunteers including gardeners who spend many hours each week lovingly tending and restoring the garden to its former glory. The committee members are also volunteers and there are many local people who act as tour guides, and assist with other activities such as cleaning, catering and numerous other tasks involved in presenting the house to the public.
The local community has been very supportive of this historical house and local groups of school children, girl guides, unemployed and disabled people have been involved in projects to further develop and improve these facilities.